- Prices gain as stock markets falter Business Recorder
- Dollar slips on Fed chief's "patient" comments Profit by Pakistan Today
- Powell sought fast end in 2013 to Fed's bond-buying program Reuters
- How the Fed Can Engineer a Soft Landing in the Economy Bloomberg
- Jay Powell ignores the stock market at the economy's peril | TheHill The Hill
- View full coverage on Google News
NEW YORK: US Treasury debt prices gained on Friday as stocks weakened in choppy trading, and as bonds were also helped by the weight of new Treasury supply this
In 2018, the greenback outperformed its peers, gaining 4.3 percent as the Fed hiked rates four times on the back of a strong domestic economy, falling unemployment and rising wage pressures
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell, in his early days on the U.S. central bank's board of governors, argued frequently and forcefully for an end to the bond purchases undertaken to support the recovery from the financial crisis, transcripts of policy meetings from 2013 released on Friday showed.
If sustained, large stock market price movements do have a material impact on economic growth.