- Earth's Magnetic Field Is Up To Some Seriously Weird Stuff And No One Knows Why IFLScience
- Earth’s magnetic field is acting strange – scientists aren’t sure why The Nation
- Scientists warn Earth's magnetic North Pole has begun moving erratically at speeds of 50km a year Daily Mail
- Magnetic north pole is changing faster than forecast Deutsche Welle
- Earth’s magnetic field is mysteriously acting up, pushing North Pole towards Siberia RT
- View full coverage on Google News
For reasons that are currently unclear, the magnetic north pole seems to be increasingly slipping away from Canada and towards Siberia at an erratic rate.
The magnetic poles are moving quickly, going away from Canada towards Siberia, yet geologists cannot determine why the change is so sudden and dramatic. READ
Researchers say the magnetic North Pole is 'skittering' away from Canada, towards Siberia.
Scientists were set to release a new World Magnetic Model after accelerating changes in earth's magnetic field, but the US government shutdown stopped them from for now. Navigation as we know it could be in jeopardy.
Earth’s magnetic field, the basis for modern global navigation systems, is constantly in some state of flux. However, it now seems to be going haywire, pushing the North Pole closer to Siberia, and no one’s sure why.